The Art of Dressing
For Your Body Shape
Written By: Kathy, 08/10/2006
Whatever your Style,
Discovering the Art of Dressing
for Your Body Shape
is the Best Way to
Maximize Your Curve Appeal
You Have a Fuller Bustline and a Less Defined Waist With More Narrow Shoulders and Legs.
Main Goal:Draw Attention Away From the Midriff / Tummy Area by Redirecting the Eye to Your Face or Legs.
* Wear Shoulder Pads to Create the Illusion of a Small Waist and Draw Attention Upward.
* Create Strong, Vertical Lines Using Long Jackets Over Short or Straight Shirts.
* V-Necks and Long Necklaces are Flattering for You.
* Avoid Wearing High Heels with Short Hemlines.
* Avoid Tight Waistlines that Emphasize a Prominent Midriff.
You Have Basically Balanced Shoulders and Hips with a Smaller, Well-Defined Waist.
Main Goal:Maintain Your Natural Balance While Accenting Your Waist.
* Define Your Waist by Wearing Dark Belts on Light Fabrics and Cropped Tops with Straight or Full Skirts.
* Drop-Waist Styles are Flattering For You as Well as Jackets Cropped Above the Waist.
* Avoid Oversided Tent Dresses or Any Styles that have Only a Minimal Amount of Shape.
You Have Roughly the Same Width at the Shoulders, Waist and Hips.
Main Goal:Create the Illusion of a Waistline.
* Reduce the Straightness and Boxiness of Your Shape by Wearing Clothes that Suggest a Waistline.
* You can Wear any Combination of Prints, Patterns and Solids as Well as a Variety of Silhouettes.
* Add Interest at the Neckline with Jewelry or Scarves.
* Avoid Oversized Tent Dresses or Any Styles that Have Only a Minimal Amount of Shape.
You Have More Narrow Shoulders and a Smaller Bustline with Wider Hips and Legs.
Main Goal:Create a Visual Balance Between Your Narrow Upper Body and Wider Lower Body.
* Use Shoulder Pads, Embellishments and Accessories to Draw Attention to the Upper Body.
* Ruffled Collars and Bold Jewelry Draw the Eye Upward.
* Hips and Thigh Areas Should be Deemphasized by Wearing Dark Solids or Smaller Prints that Flow Smoothly
and Gracefully Over the Lower Body.
You Have Slightly Wider Shoulders and a Larger Bustline with Narrow Hips and Legs.
Main Goal:Create a Visual Balance Between Your Wider Upper Body and Narrow Lower Body.
* Wear Fuller Bottoms and Prints, Bright Colors, and Flaired or Pleated Skirts.
* Wear Darker, Less Embellished Tops to Minimize the Upper Body.
* Choose Heavier, Chunky Shoes and Keep Accessories Close to the Face.
* Avoid Shoulder Pads (or Wear Only Small Ones)